Congratulations to the following recipients of this year’s Dia De Los Niños Grant . We are glad to be able to provide funding towards great programming. Please enjoy the pictures submitted from the recipient libraries.
Anaheim Public Library
Pictures to come…
Pictures to come…
Ontario City Library
Pictures to come…
OC REFORMA presents
“Mapping out Your Library Career Path”
Saturday May 4th from 9:30am – 3pm
OC REFORMA is pleased to announce our scholarship offerings fort this cycle.
The Orange County Chapter of REFORMA seeks to support the recruitment and retention of
bilingual Spanish/English students to the profession of librarianship through local REFORMA
chapter scholarship funds.
The application deadline for the scholarships is: Monday, May 13, 2013 (postmarked)
To apply for a scholarship:
- Complete the application form provided below.
- Present proof of California residence or Orange County, California residence. [For example, a photocopy of your California driver’s license or California ID card.]
- Present proof of acceptance/attendance at any ALA-accredited institution. [For example, a photocopy of your letter of acceptance, a list of current classes or an unofficial copy of your transcript.]
- Include a personal statement of at least 500 words. [The statement should be typed, double-spaced, and include information about your background that is relevant to the scholarship goals and a description of your commitment to working with the Latino community.]
Please find the Application and full instructions here: Scholarship 2013-14
For more information contact:
Albert Tovar at:
Hello everyone, we wanted to share a few pictures that were taken at the OC REFORMA conference “Creating Latino Engagement Through Local History” on Sat. March 16, 2013 at Orange Public Library & History Center.
Sylvia Mendez (left) with Irma Morales – OC REFORMA President 2013-2014
Sylvia Mendez – Medal of Freedom Recipient 2011 Keynote speaker at OC REFORMA Conference “Creating Latino Community Engagement Through Local History”
- Ms. Mendez discussed and showed the documentary Mendez v. Westminster: Families for Equality. See below for more info on how to order the DVD from Fullerton College Foundation.
Mendez v. Westminster: Families for Equality. You may receive a dvd as a gift with a small donation from the Fullerton College Foundation at email@example.com. Or call (714) 525-5651 to request a copy. Copies of the dvd are on reserve at the Fullerton College Library, and available for check-out with a student ID card. Info from: http://staffwww.fullcoll.edu/ebennett/
Society of Hispanic Historical and Ancestral Research (SHHAR) group, and Lizeth Ramirez ,local history librarian and certified Archivist, from OPL & HC History Room at “Creating Latino Community Engagement through Local History” Conference at Orange Public Library & History Center on Sat., March 16, 2013
Santa Ana Public Library Teen Panel discussing “Teens Making History’ Oral History Project @ OC REFORMA Conference- Creating Latino Community Engagement through Local History” – Orange Public Library & History Center- March 16, 2013
OC REFORMA Conference Committee Members Silvia Cisneros and David Lopez (foreground) and Orange Public Library Directory Yolanda Moreno at “Creating Latino Community Engagement through Local History” Conference
Paul Guzman (left- facing towards camera), Orange Barrio Historical Society, Dr. Ortiz-Franco (right-facing towards camera), Chapman University at OC REFORMA’s Creating Latino Community Engagement through Local History on Sat March 16, 2013
Orange County Chapter of REFORMA is pleased to announce
Children’s Day/Book Day Mini-Grants
Per the Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC), El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children’s Day/Book Day), known as Día, is an every day celebration of children, families, and reading that culminates every year on April 30th. The celebration emphasizes the importance of advocating literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Orange County Chapter of REFORMA Children’s Day/Book Day 2013 Mini-Grant
- Increase the public’s awareness of the Children’s Day/Book Day (Dia) program.
- Develop materials and programs that can be a model in other states and communities.
- Make available on the Web easily downloadable materials useful for developing and publicizing the program locally.
- Expand the number of public and school libraries participating in the CDBD program.
- Four $250 mini-grants will be awarded to a public or school library to implement a new Dia event or to add to an existing Dia event. The objective of the event must emphasize the importance of advocating literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- The Dia event must be held between April 13th and May 11th, 2013
- In order to be eligible, public and school libraries must be within the Orange County service area OR have a staff person who is a member of Orange County Chapter of REFORMA.
- Mini-grant winners must agree that publicity of their event will identify Orange County REFORMA as a sponsor/partial sponsor.
- Winners must be willing to have their program featured in our website both in written and photographic detail.
For ideas on Dia events, go to:
To apply for a mini-grant:
- Complete the application attached.
- Email the completed application to
- Silvia Cisneros, Orange County Chapter of REFORMA
- Applications must be postmarked by April 6, 2013.
- Grant recipients will be notified by April 11, 2013 by email. Additionally, their names will be posted on our website (www.reformaoc.org)
Questions may be addressed to Silvia Cisneros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application: Día Mini Grant 2013
The OC REFORMA chapter is proud to present
“Creating Latino Community Engagement through Local History”
Join us on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at the Orange Public Library from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Register by Mail
We are pleased to announce the recipients of our OC REFORMA Dia de los Ninos Mini Grant to the following public libraries:
Santa Ana Public Library
Placentia Public Library
Buena Park Library
Anaheim Central Library
Each Library will receive $250, respectively. Congratulations!!!